Monday 9 April 2012

Green Monster Smoothie

My current morning obsession is the green monster smoothie. It's perfect before a workout, and it makes a great, tasty, fast breakfast.
This recipe makes enough for 2 grownup smoothies.


Ingredients:

1 cup of spinach (I usually use more, you can't taste it at all)
1 1/2 cups of orange juice
1 cup of frozen mango chunks
1 apple
1 banana
(I'm currently adding two scoops of the President's Choice Soy Protein powder, but that is optional. I really like this powder, it's the vanilla flavor and it doesn't taste too strongly).


Put all the ingredients into the blender and blend! You can add some honey for added sweetness, but the OJ I'm using is super sweet already so I skip on the honey.
You're going to get a seriously green smoothie here, but I promise you can't taste the spinach at all. I've been having this smoothie almost every morning for the last month, and I think all the fruits and veggies have made my hair and skin lovely.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment